Mortgage Relief Programs
- Mortgage relief programs for those affected by the coronavirus outbreak
- Protections under the CARES Act
- Self-service mortgage Look up
- What happens if I can’t pay my mortgage?
- Additional mortgage relief for homeowners
• A 60-day moratorium on new and in-process foreclosures, which started after March 18.• The right to request mortgage forbearance for up to 180 days and one extension for up to an additional 180 days.• A 120-day moratorium on evictions for tenants renting from a landlord with a federally backed mortgage, which started March 27.
These protections apply to borrowers with loans owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as well as:
• FHA loans, which are backed by the Federal Housing Administration• VA loans, which are guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs• USDA loans, which are insured by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
HOW TO FIND YOUR CURRENT LOAN SERVICER: